Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MY GK List: Revised

HQ:
- Grand Master (175)

All about the Grand Strategy. Usually will be to give scoring strategy to Dreadknight, Purifiers and and Dreadnaught (in that order on D3). On occassion may need to use Scouting strategy but doubt that will happen much. He sticks with the Terminators.

Elites:
- 10x Purifier Squad (299)
-- 4x Psycannon
-- 1x Hammer
-- 2x Falchions
-- 2x Halberds
-- 1x Sword

My main assault force or more than usual my counter-charge force.

Heavy Support:
- Dreadnaught (135)
-- Twin-linked Autocannon
-- Twin-linked Autocannon
-- Psybolt ammo

Twin-linked psybolt ammo... oh yeah.

- Dreadnight (225)
-- Hvy. Incinerator
-- Hvy. Psycannon
-- Greatsword

I know on this guy I did more than what is usually suggested. He's a beast and designed to be that. Given he will be a scoring unit in most scenarios, he has the Incinerator for some reach against both infantry and armor (AP4 - not the best but something) and the Hvy. template (AP4 as well) and of course the Greatsword and the Doomfist, he's got a lot of punch in any given scenario. Provided he lives more than a round or two. With no Storm Raven in this list or vehicles, I know he will be a primary target. With Move Through Cover and Relentless, I see him either holding out on a central objective or marching across the board to threaten opposite deployment objective (with Interceptor Squad as backup perhaps?)

Fast Attack:
- 5x Inceptor Squad (130)

Keep them out of trouble and go in to contest at end of game.

Troops:
- 10x Terminators (455)
-- 1x Incinerator
-- 1x Psilencer
-- 1x Hammer
-- 1x Brotherhood Banner
-- 2x Falchions
-- 3x Swords
-- 3x Halberds

My main assault and counter-assault force. Definately designed to be anti-horde, but has the Hammer in case.

- 10x Strike Squad (230)
-- 1x Psilencer
-- 1x Psycannon
-- Psybolt ammo

All about maximizing shots.

10x Strike Squad (230)
-- 1x Psilencer
-- 1x Psycannon
-- Psybolt ammo

As the previous entry.

This leaves me with 120 points left over that can be spent one of two ways:

1) 3x Rhino (1 for each Strike Squad and Purifier Squad)
 - or -
2) 2nd Dreadnaught, with Multimelta and Missile Launcher. (This is the way I am leaning towards as this will give me some additional anti-tank).

Which do you suggest?

So weighing in at 1,999 points with 46 infantry, 1 monstrous creature, either 2 walkers or 1 walker and 3 vehicles, I think I've got a winner.

It hurt to give up my Storm Raven, but I'm slowly adjusting to the idea that GK's are about the shooting and counter-assault, not the full out blitz assault, I like about the Blood Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment