Friday, July 8, 2011

Dark Eldar, I'm hooked


Despite the fact that I haven't even finished my first Army yet (Grey Knights) or started my second army (Blood Angels), I am hooked on my third army for 40K.

Dark Eldar.

There is some awesome goodness that work so well together in their Codex, it just makes me smile. Here is my first Dark Eldar list:

HQ Choices:

- Duke Sliscus

Let's see, I can Deep Strike my entrie list (as you will see), roll twice for combat drugs, outfit 1 unit of my Kabalites/Trueborn with 3+ poisoned splinter weapons and has a decent stat line. I'm sold.

- 3x Haemonculus
-- 1 w/Huskblade
-- 1 w/Liquidfier
-- 1 w/Venom Blade

Elites:

- 9x Hekatrix Bloodbrides
-- 1x Shardnet and Impaler
-- 2x Razorflails
-- 5x Haywire Grenades
---- Raider
------ Flickerfield
------ Shock Prow
(Haemonculus w/Huskblade joins this squad)

This will be my main assault squad and IC hunters. Like a good Dark Eldar, redundancy is built into this list.

- 4x Kabalite Trueborn
-- 4x Shardcarbine
---- Venom
------ Splinter Cannon upgrade
(Duke Sliscus joins this squad. Ultamately will change places with a Haemonculus in a Wrack squad)

Oh sexy goodness here. I would like to be able to put the Haemonculus with a Liquifier here, but the Duke has to deploy with a Kabalite or Trueblood squad, so this is where I choose to put him. I could of possibly put him in one of my 10 Kabalite units (bringing it down to 9) and indeed may explore this option in the near future. This squad is my hunting squad.

Heavy Support:

- 2x Ravagers with Flickerfields and Nightshields

Troops:

- 9x Wracks
-- 1x Liquidfier
---- Raider
------ Flickerfield
------ Shock Prow
(Haemonculus with Venom blade joins this squad)

- 9x Wracks
-- 1x Liquidfier
---- Raider
------ Flickerfield
------ Shock Prow
(Haenonculus with Liquidfier joins this squad, though could also join the Wych squad at some point to give them his pain token and would love to get him on the Trueblood Venom and have him cruise around with them but will be ok staying on board a Raider as well. This guy could end up moving around A LOT.)

Both Wrack squads are for the obvious assaults and with the Wyches and Bloodbrides assaulting as well, gives me a lot of options or some serious concentration of power. However, the main result here is redundancy.

- 5x Wracks
-- 1x Liquidfier
---- Venom
------ Splinter Cannon upgrade

Another small but deadly hunting squad, only geared more towards assault.

- 10x Wyches
-- 2x Razorflails
---- Raider
------ Flickerfield
------ Shock Prow

This is my other main assault squad.

- 10x Kabalite Warriors
---- Raider
------ Flickershield
------ Nightshield

- 10x Kabalite Warriors
---- Raider
------ Flickerfield
------ Nightshield

Both of the Kabalite Warrior squads are designed to be mobile gun platforms. If, somewhere I was to find the extra few points, I would probably add Splinter Racks to these. In fact, I'm torn between giving the Bloodbrides the Haywire Grenades now, as this would pay for 2 Splinter Racks for these guys. I'll have an internal debate over that one for awhile.

Anyway, what do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment