Tuesday, October 9, 2012



This is my first list from the codex that I put a lot of thought behind. My goals were this:

- An 'all comer' style list.
- Competitive but not uber, I'm not taking this to a tournament, but I don't want to be beat down everytime I play based on bad unit choices either.
- A bunch of options to have fun and start really exploring what CSM's can do.
- Incorporate allies.

So here we go, weighing in at 1,999 points and 59 models.

HQ:

Winged Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, Mastery level 2 in Power Armor and carrying the Scrolls of Magnus. Probably way too much in points, but I have a winged flying monstrous creature (Daemon), who can get a random psychic power every round for the rest of the game and will onlytake a wound on a roll of a 6 (and then I can take an invulnerable save at 4+ so I like my chances)

Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, Force Weapon, combi-bolter, Mastery Level 3.

My HQ is sporting a lot of pskyery around the field. If I ever up this list to 2,500 then I can add a 5 man unit of Thousand Sons as Troops.

Elites:

5 Chaos Terminators with Marks of Khorne and Veterans of the long war. Equiped with Reaper Autocannon, 2 combi-flamers and a power fist riding in a Chaos Land Raider with Destroyer Blades and a Havoc Launcher.

I am considering dropping the Terminators, moving the Chaos Land Raider to my third Heav Support Option and putting in a squad of Thousand Sons here to give me more troops, since I am light on troops with this army list, which I consider it's major weakness.

Fast Attack:

Heldrake. Along with the Vendetta below, this gives me 3 fliers in my army list and c'mon it's sex-say!

Heavy Support:

5 Havocs, 4 with Missile Launchers, all equiped with Flakk missiles. This will be my main anti-flyer, with the Vendetta as backup or a second line of anti-flyer defense.

2 Obliterators with the mark of Tzeentch. 2+ Armor Saves, 4+ Invulnerable Saves. While not untouchable, they are fairly cheap and with 2 wounds, I think they'll put out some hurt before they're taken down.

Troops:

5 Chaos Space marines with close combat weapons and veterans of the long war. Equiped with a flamer and a combi-melta and riding in a Chaos Rhino with Havoc Launcher and Warpflame Gargoyles.

20 Chaos Cultist with autoguns, a heavy stubber and a flamer.

Allies:

HQ:

5 man Company Command Squad plus Master of the Ordance and an Autocannon.

Troops:

10 man Veteran Squad with Heavy Flamer, rides around in Valyrie until final turn and then attempts to clear or contest objective.

Fast Attack:

Valkyrie Assault Carrier



The only thing I don't like about my list is the lack of troops, though an easy fix would be to change out the Terminators with Thousand Sons. This would leave me 8 points to spend elsewhere, perhaps Warpflame Gargoyles on the Chaos Land Raider or something.

So whatcha think? Did I hit my mark? What changes would you suggest? Should I scrap this and go back to the blackboard? Should I dump the Allies all together and 280ish points elsewhere - perhaps more troops as Cultist and Thousand Sons or?

No comments:

Post a Comment