Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The on-going GK Internal debate

As I start ramping up my painting and purchasing this Fall for my Grey Knight army, the weight of choosing which type of Army is starting to hit. So far, I have or will have by month's end, a Dreadknight, 5 Purifiers, 5 regular Grey Knights, 5 Terminators (not expecting to use as a whole unit, but rather fill-ins and testing) Crowe, Draigo and a Storm Raven Gunship.

The main army themes I am trying to decide on are:

1) A Crowe army with at least 2 10-man squads of Purifiers, a 5 man squad of Terminators and a squad or two of regular GKSS. Fill-in around the borders with a Dreadknight and a Dreadnaught, perhaps an Interceptor Squad.

2) A Coteaz army, with Grand Master and 2 units of henchmen. One for long-range shooting and one for assault (aka Death Cult Assassins). Throw in a Vindicare, a Storm Raven and a couple regular GKSS and some transports, with a Dreadknight and a couple of Dreadnaughts.

3) A Grand Master, heavy Dreadnaught list with as many regular GKSS as I can fit and a Dreadknight.

4) A Grand Master and assault Inquisitor with Death Cult Assassins, Purifiers, regular GKSS, Dreadknight, Dreadnaughts and as many dedicated transports as I can fit.

Descisions, descisions. No matter how I go, I still intend on eventually using the HQ's and Storm Raven in some list at some point. But past that I'm still undecided how I want my first army to go. I'm leaning towards #4 or #2, if I can work out the kinks I am finding with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment