Sunday, August 28, 2011

40K Podcasts

Due to my night job, I have had a lot of time to listen to 40K podcasts over the past couple of weeks. Still have a lot to go through, but here are some quick viewpoints on those that I have listened to.

Independent Characters

By far my favorite podcast. It is a very in depth look at 40K as a hobby and very focused on the topics at hand. They really get into the "why" of 40K that I appreciate. Very clean, only the occassional language, very mature topics and in-depth coverage. The hosts are my kind of people, at or around the same age, background into gaming and personality types (from what you can tell from a podcast anyway) that I hang with in real life and enjoy gaming with.

11th Company

This is a good podcast with lots of subject matter. Occassional language but not too bad. Good information about the gaming aspects of 40K and is tied in second in my book with the next podcast:

Imperial Vox

At the same level of 11th company, these are the 3 podcasts that I am working through the most. Pretty much everything I've said about 11th company though perhaps (still new enough to not have all the personalities known yet) not as many hosts.

The following two are pretty adult language orientated with a younger but still knowledgeable crew. I'm not always appreciateive of their humour, but I admit I'm getting to be an old fuddy duddy. When I was younger though, these were my kind of people that I hanged with so I won't critisize them too much ;) I do listen to their podcasts and enjoy them though but again will have to give the warning about their language use and humour.

Life After the Cover Save
Screaming Heretic

There are several other podcasts out there covering 40K and I've been catching some of them here and there. I'll cover them though in a later post once I've heard more than an episode or two from them.




No comments:

Post a Comment