Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Great Hobby Weekend


This last week and weekend were good for me hobby-wise. I did my first transfer (the #2 on the Razorback above).


I also did my first Imerial Skull and Wings paint-job. I really like the depth and detail I got though I still have some fine-tuning to do with the skull. The one below will be added to the same Razorback, I just haven't determined where yet.


Below is one of my new hobby toys. I got the stand-alone 2.5x/4x spot at WalMart for the amazing low price of only $15. I also picked up a double-sided cutting mat as well at our local art store for $8 and a couple of micro-pens which I haven't used yet but will use for Scroll work.


Last but definately not least I picked up my first Dystopian Wars fleet. Got a great deal thanks to another DW player in the area and picked up the rulebook as well. I got the Prussian Empire Naval Battle Fleet and the Prussian Air Fortress.


All the models except the Air Fortress have been primed black, then based Ledbelcher and washed with Nuin Oil. Loving the depth and detail these models have and looking forward to my first matchup which will probably be a week or two away. At the rate I'm going painting these things (I just got them Saturday morning) they should be fully painted by then.




I'm sure I'll have more Works-in-Progress reports later this week on both my grey Knights Army and my Prussian Empire Fleet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment