Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Review: Firedrake by Nick Kyme


This was a wonderful book and seemed tailor-made just for me. I'm a fan of both Salamanders and Dark Eldar and this book introduces us to such players from the game as Vulkan He'Stan of the Salamanders and Lilith Hespereth of the Dark Eldar. It goes without saying that these two HQ choices from the game are amongst my favorites from any of the armies. So to see them come to life in Firedrake was a real joyride.

It also showed me just how much of the lroe I didn't know or thought I did know. Trivial things for the most-part, such as how Hespereth is white-haired, not a redhead as shown on most miniatures. Of how rare it is for He-Stan to actually be present or with a squad of Terminators - or any of the Salamanders for that matter.

From purely a story-telling perspective, this book more than other so far that I've read in the 40K universe, gives me glimpses in both of these factions and how they fight or can fight on the tabletop. Great stuff all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment