Saturday, April 21, 2012

The GK's Grow...


Yesterday and last night after work, I got a lot of hobbying done (at least by my standards). The new 5 Purifiers are coming together nicely and have all been put on their bases now and at the very least their heads, bodies and legs have been attached. The Knight of the Flame above has his arms and weapons now, but still missing his shoulder pads.


The Purifier with no arms plans on wield a Hammer one day, while the Psycannon guys are still missing one of their arms.


I also primed and started putting together my very first Dreadnought. I'm very happy to say it is easier than it looks and components so far fit well in a dry fitting. I actually plan on using him (dry-fitted) tomorrow if I can get in a match or two at Bud's.


I also got my first 5 Purifiers based properly. The rock mix I got from Michaels is working out well IMO.


Last but not least added more detail to my Razorback, though it appears I glued the hatch here too soon. Lesson learned for my next one. I think I can still make it look pretty sharp but in hind-sight I wouldn't of glued down the hatchs yet and make sure the edges were painted correctly first.

Tomorrow I am hoping toget in a couple of games. My list is still pretty small considering what I can field, but the army is growing and is the second step in my army in too many months.

Weighing in at 891 points...

HQ:

Castellan Crowe

Troops:

5-man Terminator Squad
- 1 w/Hammer
- 1 w/Nemesis Stave
- 1 w/Brotherhood Banner
- 1 w/Psycannon
- 1 w/Halberd
- Psybolt Ammo for squad

10-man Purifier Squad
- 4 w/Psycannon
- 3 w/Halberd
- 2 w/Hammer
- Knight of Flame w/reg. Nemesis Sword
- Psybolt ammo for squad
- Razorback w/Psybolt ammo

Heavy Support:

Dreadnought
- 2 Twin-linked Autocannons
- Psybolt ammo

I plan on combat squading my Purifiers to:

Assault Unit:
- 1 w/Psycannon
- 2 w/Halberd
- 1 w/Hammer
- Knight of Flame
- Razorback

Defensive Unit:
- 3 w/Psycannon
- 1 w/Halberd
- 1 w/Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment