Friday, April 27, 2012

Tonight's WIP


Using the tutorial from Stahly's Tale of Painters I started working on my first Dreadnought. It was also my first time using mixed paints (2 or more colors per coat mixed together) and a thinning medium. I really liked how it worked, though my second coat (a Kator Blue and Chaos Black) was too dark and I probably used too much glaze on my third coat. So lesson learned here is just be a tad more patient. That said, while the color isn't exactly right for this stage of the painting (at least according to the tutorial), I am happy with the affect.


In addition, I also got my Terminators based finally, though I do need to come back and do a little clean up.


Last but not least I also finally got all of my arms and shoulders on my second set of Purifiers. Now to just getthem based...


My paint collection as of today. :)




Each step I take on this project seems to further motivate me to the next step. If this motivation can just stay, then perhaps by the end of May I'll have all of my GK's painted and only be a few models shy of my 2,000 point goal - which of course will require a couple more boxes of models. The horror! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment