Friday, May 11, 2012

Battle Report: Grey Knights vs Necrons 950 pts


This last Monday I was able to get in a quick 950 point game against Necrons. It's the first time I ever saw them in play and I have to admit, they were a curious army. It was 3 objectives and 12" deployment. Opponent had me go first.

My first and probably biggest mistake was sitting my Psycannon Purifiers on a back objective who never got to fire a shot because he never got close enough. In hind sight I should of used them more aggressively in the early game and fallen back to claim the objective in the last couple of turns. Lesson learned.



It ended up being a tied game, with both of us holding an objective and had the third in contention. His Necrons definatley outshot my Grey Knights, though I decimated him in Assault. Unfortunately it took me a couple rounds to figure out the safestplace for my troops was in melee with them and lost my squad of Terminators to him. Not before they disabled and left one of his Ghost Arks out of commission though. My Dreadnought took care of his other Ghost Ark and my squad of Purifiers assaulted a much larger force of Necrons and took them down - hard.


I think I will do better next time playing against Necrons now that I know a little bit about where their strengths and weaknesses lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment