Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Next Army

As this year rolls by steadily, I'm confronted by the descision of which army to go with next. While I plan on continuing to grow my Grey Knights, they are only a couple of packages away from being at the 2K point mark. This means that I should be able to start on my second army by 6th edition or as it comes out.

Rumor has it (last time I checked) that it will be Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines (or was it just Chaos?) in the 6th Edition box. I do have an interest in Chaos Space Marines and Chaos in general and while I do not share that interest with the Dark Angels, I've heard they make great spare parts for conversions of other Space Marines.

Despite my interest in Chaos and Chaos Space Marines though, I have a deeper interest in other armies. The last time I got newb army A.D.D. I had come to the descision to grow 2 Space Marine armies at the same time, followed by Dark Eldar. This time around the following armies appeal to me:

- Space Marines, Imperial Fists.

I've seen some sharp looking paint jobs for these guys and my ID says "you want!". However I'm still attached to the idea of:

- Space Marines, Salamanders.
- Space Marines, Ultra Marines (duplicating the second company actually).

In the meantime I also really like the ideas of:

- Dark Eldar
- Chaos and Chaos Space Marine army (building both at the same time)
- Blood Angels

With 6th Edition coming, the smart move seems to be with Chaos Space Marines, especially if they turn up in the box set and then using the bits from the Dark Angels for a future Space Marine army. This leaves the Dark Eldar and Blood Angels though out on a very long limb for me though.

So a direction I am considering is to still build 2 armies together:

- Chaos Space Marines (if included in the box set)
- Dark Eldar

On the other hand if the 6th Edition box set includes Space Marines, I just may go with them building up 2 chapters (TBD later). I look forward to the next few years as I build up a couple/few more armies so I can have the diversity. Too bad I'm so impatient!

No comments:

Post a Comment