Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Next Army Part 2

I still like the idea of working in pairs of armies and my tastes have changed if so very slightly. So my list of armies that I would love to have if money and time wasn't an issue:

Space Marines:

- Dark Angels (Angels of Absolution)
- Imperial Fists
- Salamanders
- Ultramarines
- Howling Griffons
- White Scars
- Ravenguard
- Black Templars
- Grey Knights (Have... almost)
- Blood Angels

Chaos Space Marines:

- Black Legion
- Night Lords
- Thousand Sons
- Death Guard

Imperial Forces:

- Death Korps of Kreig
- Mixed Imperial Forces

Xenos:

- Dark Eldar
- Tryanids
- Chaos Demons

So 18 armies total. Split them as 2 armies every 18 months, then it is forseeable I might have them all in 13 years, which puts us in probably 8th edition maybe even nearing 9th edition. I have no doubt that there will be that many if not more editions of 40K.

The big quesiton is what two armies do I want to start with? In my last post I talked about Dark Eldar and Chaos Space Marines together. Other options are also there though, such as Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines - especially if these turn out to be the two armies released in the 6th edition box set. I have several loyalist Space marine chapters that I would like, as well as for the traitor marines and Chaos Marines.

Of the armies listed, I definately want to wait on:

- Tryanids
- Imperial Army
- Death Korps

That still leaves 15 choices out there though. The real question is will I go back to my original thoughts last year on making 2 Space Marine chapters at the same time or? Time will tell as I ponder it.

No comments:

Post a Comment