Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Review: False Gods



False Gods pretty much takes up where Horus Rising left off. The shift to Chaos is a pretty quick and slippery one, though you can see that the setup for such a fall took a long time to setup. False Gods has a quicker pace than Horus Rising and I found myself getting worried for a couple of the characters. How it all ends up I suppose we will find out in the next book Galaxy in Flames.

Overall I think this book was on par with Horus Rising but because the pace seems quicker, there is a loss of character development that Dan Abnett worked hard on setting up. It's not that there isn't any character development, it's just not as in depth as in Horus Rising. Still, I am very much enjoying the story of the Horus Heresy.

No comments:

Post a Comment