Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Newb Army A.D.D. Part 2



I think a great place to begin when deciding which army I would like to collect next is to present which armies I do not want and why. This will either help or might just be an exercise in the process of elimination. In either case it seems a good place to start.

  • Armies I'm not interested in:
    • Black Templars. Not crazy about the models nor the background from what little I've been exposed to.
    • Dark Angels. As with the Black Templars.
    • Sisters of Battle. Cool models and was one of the first things that exposed me to the 40K iniverse that caught my attention. I'm just not crazy about their special rules.
    • Orks. They just don't appeal to me. I like fighting them, but don't see myself as an Ork player.
    • Tyranids. While they do look cool, I'm just not into them right now. As a side note and I have to admit some selfishness here, if my wife ever gets into 40K, she has already declared that the Tyranids is what is most interested in. This means if she does end up playing one day, I'll most likely have access to a Tyranid Army anyway. While tempting to collect to maybe push her a little into 40K, at the end of the day if she does not get into it, I'm not ready or willing to be stuck with a Tyranid army yet.
    • Eldar. I like the lore and fluff about these guys, I'm just not crazy about their models.
    • Tau. Communists. 'Eh' models. I'll pass.
    • Space Wolves. While powerful and looks good, I'm just not crazy about them. Passing for now.
    • Necrons. Upcoming release soon, expected bad-assery. I remember thinking these models were cool looking way back in the day. Here and now though, just not that interested. Passing for now.
So a lot of No's and passing for now's in this list. What's left?

  • Blood Angels
  • Chaos Space Marines
  • Chaos Demons
  • Space Marines
  • Dark Eldar
  • Imperial Guard
Of these, I'm going to put Imperial Guard on the shelf for now, mainly because I do have a vision for an awesome IG army in the future, but not prepared for the work I know it will take. This will be an army of mine one day, but I'm thinking it won't be until my 3rd, 4th or 5th army at best.

Next time, I'll take a look those armies remaining and see if I can't distill them down even further and perhaps even come up with a couple of finalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment