Sunday, September 11, 2011

WIP: Grey Knight Stuff and Hobby Updates



I haven't been able to find too much time lately for painting and assembly, but I did manage to pick up my first Razorback and have started clipping the pieces from the sprue and seeing how they will eventually go together. I've decided that this Razorback will be straight from the box without any conversions, so I can learn how to put one together. Future Razorbacks for my Grey Knight army will include doors from Forge World.



Painting-wise, I manage to do some Mithril Silver highlighting and some Gryphonne Sepia Washing earlier this week.



And then earlier tonight added some Burnished Gold highlighting to the gold lettering...


... and started on the Beached Bone layer for the helmets and shoulderpads of the Purifiers and start work on the skulls and seals. Only a couple of models made it this far (the Beached Bone layer) but I may get a chance to finish this layer later tonight, along with some more clipping out the Razorback.




My next step, after finishing the Beached Bone layer, is to wash the areas (except shoulderpads and helmets) in Gryphonne Sepia wash and put another layer of Beached Bone on the helmets and shoulderpads. I'll also finish clipping out the Razorback. My goal is to have all of this finished by mid-week, but as with everything that I schedule beyond work and school, we shall see.

In other hobby news, I will be going down to Bud's Place on Saturday morning to watch the first round of the 'Ard Boys semi-finals, which I am looking forward to. I've started Galaxy in Flames and a book review of False Gods will be appearing on the blog here later this month. Other than that, I've just been listening to a lot of podcasts and exploring themed and fluffy Space Marine lists (especially those for Salamanders and Ravenguard).

No comments:

Post a Comment