Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Newb Army A.D.D. Update



Since determining that I would be focusing on building two Space Marine chapter armies and combing them as I built each up, I've finally decided on which chapters.

I am thinking of going with a White Scars army and a Salamanders army. While still in the developmental phase and potential army list building, I'm looking at a Fast Attack army for the White Scars, focusing on bikes and Drop Pod Assaults and the Salamanders focusing on heavy support and a mechanized force.

I'm also seriously considering bringing in a Veteran Squad in either or both armies of Deathwatch to add some extra firepower and flavor to the armies. I haven't decided which or both yet to include them in. Again, all of this is just developing concepts.

I am pretty sure about the Salamanders, but the White Scars is still out for debate, even if an internal one. The other factor is since it is possible that the next edition will be out by then, I might see what is in the box set like with Assault on Black Reach and make a decision then that may affect the second army. Rumors have it that it will be completely Xenos and Chaos versus Eldar or something like that, but I'm in the camp that it doesn't make sense, as Space Marine armies are too successful to GW for them to drop them but of the edition starter box, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment